소 제 목: Ransom for a Dead Man
주요 직업: attorney(변호사)
성공한 여성 변호사가 총으로 남편을 살해하는 장면
‘ransom’은 유괴된 사람의 몸값을 뜻한다. 요즘에는 이용어가 자주 쓰이는 곳이 있다. 컴퓨터가 랜섬 바이러스에 걸리면 해커가 사용자 컴퓨터를 납치해서 컴퓨터 몸값을 요구하는 것이다.
주요 내용은 성공한 여성 attorney가 남편을 살해한 후, 유괴로 가장하여 남편의 ransom까지 훔치려 하는 이야기이다.
또 하나 그 시대는 미국에서도 사회적으로 성공한 여성에 대한 질투가 있었던 것 같다. 살인범은 성공한 변호사이고 소형 비행기를 취미로 운전하는 여성이 결국 자신의 성공에 욕망에 살인까지 저지른다는 논리적 비약이 있기 때문이다.
변호사가 등장하다 보니 법정용어들이 많이 나온다. 하지만 설명하고 싶은 단어는 liaison, charade이다. liaison은 몰래 간통을 즐기는 것으로 알고 있었는데, 이곳에서는 police liaison라고 해서 연락 경찰관 정도로 해석해야 할 것 같다.charade도 몸으로 하는 제스처 게임이나 이곳에서는 속임수를 뜻한다. 이런 단어는 발음도 어려워 자주 쓰이지도 않아, 거기에다가 쓰임새도 틀려서 이해하기가 정말 어렵다. 많이 듣고 이해하는 방법 이외는 없는 듯 하다.
형사 콜롬보 S01E01 1971 Ransom for a Dead Man
S01E01.1971.Ransom.for.a.Dead.Man.zip (mp3 다운로드)
1. When did you sustain these injuries, Mr. Crowell? This September 16, Friday, 8:30 in the evening.
2. My back was hurt real bad. Objection, Your Honor. The plaintiff is not competent to give expert medical testimony. Sustained.
3. A full doctor's report on the plaintiff's condition, showing damage to the lumbar region of the spine...
4. ...with concomitant nerve damage... ...resulting in partial paralysis to the left side of his body.
5. ...with concomitant nerve damage... ...resulting in partial paralysis to the left side of his body.
6. Objection. Irrelevant and immaterial. Sustained. The answer may go out.
7. We have a nice middle class jury. Their dislike of the insurance companies... ...is second only to their distaste for working class people.
8. And not being able to see the stairwell steps properly, you fell. Objection, Your Honor.
08_stairwell_계단을 포함하는 수직의 공간.계단통.mp3
9. The plaintiff alleges the stairs were improperly lit. Although the plaintiff may well have been.
10. Oh, Lieutenant. Yes, gentlemen this is Lieutenant Columbo, our local police liaison. How do you do?
11. You see if that's true, they could notify their confederates here and they could...
12. Yes I do. She'll be heading off across the desert from the next coordinates.
13. Let's drop the polite charade Leslie. I hate you as much as you hate me. Maybe more.
13_charade_제스처 게임.말을 알아맞히는 놀이.위장.mp3
14. And you don't have to play the martyred stepmother to me anymore. I've outgrown that.
15. They've got fuzz of some kind out on the street watching the house. Federal agents.
16. 0 Lord, we implore you to grant your dead mercy to this servant, That he who held fast to your will by his intentions,
17. May not receive punishment in return for his deeds, So does the true faith united him with the throng of the faithful on earth,
18. Margaret, I'm willing to overlook the incident at the cemetery. I'll write it off to adolescent hysteria.
19. But I am in no mood to tolerate any further outbursts, sarcasm, anything. Of course.
20. Well, they really nag me. Such as...? The bag, for instance. Which bag?
20_nag_귀 아프게 잔소리하다.말.귀찮게 조르다.mp3
21. In other words, I'm trying to show you a whatyoumacallit of mine, a... An idiosyncrasy.
22. ...that the bullet didn't have the velocity to go through the body. But why?
23. Well, it's not one of my favorite pastimes.
24. ...who resents all that success. If there was such a person I never met him.
25. Because he had a rigid code of ethics from which he never deviated. He must have been quite a man.
26. And to be a partner with my father was instant stature. Instant success. When did all this start?
27. Forging evidence is a crime. But she killed him. There is no proof of that.
28. It's for you. Some stunt huh? You know, I remembered how you liked gadgets, I thought you'd get a kick out of it.
28_stunt_방해하다.발육을 가로막다.발육의 정지.mp3
29. Would you like to tell me what this has to do with my husband's murder? You see, I can't get anything past you. You really got me pegged.
30. You know Columbo, you're almost likeable in a shabby sort of way.
31. Maybe it's the way you come slouching in here... ...with your shopworn bag of tricks. Me? Tricks?
31_slouch_수그리다.앞으로 수그린 축 처진 태도.몸을 구부리다.mp3
32. The humility, the seeming absentmindedness, the homey anecdotes about the family, the wife, you know?
33. Yeah, Lieutenant Columbo, fumbling and stumbling along. But it's always the jugular that he's after.
34. Yeah, Lieutenant Columbo, fumbling and stumbling along. But it's always the jugular that he's after.
35. You've reduced yourself... ...from veiled threats and insinuations to vaudeville.
35_vaudeville_노래와 춤을 곁들인 소희극.연예 쇼.보드빌.mp3
36. I could always show that you were hounding me, maliciously persecuting me.
37. Pursuing or extraditing? No. Just waiting. You seem depressed. Did a criminal get away?
38. Lieutenant you always manage to make me feel decadent. I do? Gee, I never knew that.
39. Thank you very much. You know and it seemed like a nutty idea to everybody, I know it did to my wife.
39_nutty_풍미가 풍부한.나무열매와 같은 맛의.재치 있는.mp3
40. You can't conceive of anybody being any different than what you are. And you're greedy.